Welcome to the TCP Evaluation Discussion Forum
This site contains an archive of experimental measurements evaluating the performance of proposed TCP algorithms for high bandwidth-delay product paths.
- Li, Y.T., Leith,D.J., Even,B. Evaluating the Performance of TCP Stacks for High-Speed Networks. Proc. Protocols for Fast Long Distance Networks, Nara, Japan, 2006.
- Li, Y.T, Leith,D., Shorten,R. Experimental evaluation of high-speed congestion control protocols. Transactions on Networking, 2007.
- Leith,D.J., Shorten, R.N.,McCullagh,G., Extended version of paper presented at Proc. Protocols for Fast Long Distance Networks 2007, Los Angeles. Experimental Evaluation of Cubic TCP
- Baruch Even. An Experimental Investigation of TCP Performance in High Bandwidth-Delay Product Paths. MSc Thesis 2007
- Douglas Leith, Lachlan Andrew,Tom Quetchenbach, Robert Shorten, Kfir Lavi. Experimental Evaluation of Delay/Loss-based TCP Congestion Control Algorithms, Proc. PFLDnet 2008
- Douglas Leith, Robert Shorten. Next Generation TCP: Open Questions. Proc. PFLDnet 2008
- Impact of Convergence Rate on TCP Flow Completion Times
Measurements and Software
- Hamilton Institute Spring 2005 Experimental Measurements (Scalable-TCP, High-Speed TCP, FAST-TCP, BIC-TCP, H-TCP, Standard-TCP). See also Experimental evaluation of high-speed congestion control protocols, Li, Y.T, Leith,D., Shorten,R. Transactions on Networking, 2007.
- NS scripts to run a battery of simulation tests covering the same range of conditions as in Experimental evaluation of high-speed congestion control protocols, Li, Y.T, Leith,D., Shorten,R. Transactions on Networking, 2007.
NB: Scripts updated Feb 16th 2007 (minor tweaks, small bug fixes – see changelog in README).
- See also other software.
Please use the navigation bar on the right to directly search the measurement database.