Schools Mathematics Grand Challenge
2007 Rules of Competition:
- Competitors must solve the puzzles themselves
without outside assistance.
- Multiple solutions are not allowed. If
you submit several answers to a puzzle, only
your FIRST submission will be considered. So,
be certain that you are happy with your answer
before submitting it.
- The overall competition winner will be the
competitor with the highest number of correct
answers to the puzzles posted on the competition
- The winner within each school will be the
competitor within the school with the highest
number of correct answers to the puzzles posted
on the competition website.
- Ties in the individual competition may be
settled with a selection of tie-break puzzles done
under supervised conditions at NUI Maynooth.
- In the schools competition, the score of
each school will be the sum of the scores of
the best five competitors from the school. The
school with the highest aggregate score will be
- Ties in the school's team competition will
be broken with the team with the youngest total
age declared the winner.
- The overall winner will also win the school
student prize for their school.
- Competitors are allowed register only
once. Use of multiple IDs is not allowed.
- A satisfactory level of participation may
be required for us to award a school student
- Breaking these rules may result in
This Week's Puzzles
Solutions to old Puzzles
Get a User Code
Get your final score
Submit Your Answers
Tip of the Week
Did You Know ?